Sunday, October 9, 2011

Apple Painting

It's been raining for about 24 hours straight.  It's days like this that I am happy that we have a Fall Fun List with quick, fun activities already planned to keep my little munchkins occupied.

We had a few apples that were past their prime for eating, so I cut them in half - some around the middle and some top to bottom.


I stuck a corn cob holder in each half and gave them to the girls to dip in paint and stamp on paper.  Instead of just stamping on regular paper, I had them use a roll of gift wrap.  The girls have recently picked out some gifts for some of our family members, so they will be able to use their new apple wrapping paper on the presents.





Arin had done an apple stamping activity when she was little, but this was Ella's first experience with it. She got bored pretty quickly, which isn't too surprising since she does not have the love for painting that Arin has.

No comments:

Post a Comment